Please send all questions and comments to JordanBaer1@gmail.com

Please send all questions and comments to JordanBaer1@gmail.com

Thursday, March 3, 2011

City Council Candidate Patrick McBride Comes Out In Support of Save Roberts Stadium



This week just keeps getting better and better. The final Aces game at Roberts Stadium was a blast, this blog saw over 500 people log on to it Saturday, and now.... City Council Candidate Patrick McBride has come out in support of the Save Roberts Stadium movement.

First of all, I want to say that any candidate for office here in Evansville is more than welcome to sign the pledge to save Roberts Stadium. However, if you sign it, please understand that I will expect a good faith effort to save this Evansville icon.

I talked to Mr. McBride last night and am very pleased to get his official commitment to saving Roberts Stadium. I am thoroughly convinced that Patrick is displaying bold leadership with this move. Instead of just going with the flow, Patrick is going against the wave of city hall by standing up for this historic venue and I am very thankful to him for that.

Patrick is in a tough race in Ward 2. Ward 2 is one of the few races where I like both candidates (Missy Mosby & Patrick McBride). I hope that regardless of how the primary turns out, both candidates will remain active in government. But with that being said, I really hope Patrick makes the City Council because I feel like he is just what we need.

With McBride in office, I am 110% convinced that we will be able to save Roberts Stadium. The chance to save 55 years of history only comes once in a lifetime so it is very important to elect candidates like Patrick who will ensure us that this great venue will be protected not destroyed.

On May 3rd I hope you will have pride and VOTE MCBRIDE!

1 comment:

  1. Visit my web site and you will see I want to save Roberts Stadium. http://www.lonforcouncil.com/

    ReplyDelete