Please send all questions and comments to JordanBaer1@gmail.com

Please send all questions and comments to JordanBaer1@gmail.com

Monday, January 31, 2011

Welcome New ECVB



Today, Evansville's new Visitor's & Convention Bureau volunteer board was set up with Mr. Steve Schaefer elected president.

According to the Courier & Press, the board will consist of...

Steve Schaefer- President
Ward Shaw
John Montrastelle
Rita Bauer
Barbara McCarty
Donna Leader
Mike Roeder- only returning member.

First of all, I would like to say congratulations to all seven members. Each of you is willing to step up to improve Evansville, and I am truly grateful for that. Unfortunately, I am not familiar with 6 of the 7 members yet but am hoping they will give me the opportunity to meet them.

I am aware of Mr. Steve Schaefer. He is the leader of Hoosiers for I-69. Mr. Schaefer and I are on complete opposite sides of the spectrum when it comes to transportation. He is for I-69; I am for high speed rail. However, there is nothing wrong with that. Abraham Lincoln was, in my opinion, the most successful president we have had and he did it by having a team of rivals. Unfortunately, Evansville's local politicians don't understand that. For Steve's sake I hope I-69 materializes soon and is built all the way to Indianapolis. For the sake of my high speed rail I hope it's cancelled.

With all of that being said, I believe Steve will do a good job on the board, I wish him luck. I think he was a good pick (something we don't always get with city hall). He deserves it. I hope he is successful in getting the ECVB turned around, which by all indications it appears he is already doing with his investigation of the previous board receiving gift cards.

Honestly, I have no idea what any of the seven board members are thinking about Roberts Stadium which does make me a little nervous. However, I'm still confident we will get this project over the line.

The number one thing that I would like to get out of the new ECVB is their willingness to consider saving Roberts Stadium. Unfortunately, I emailed and emailed Mr. David Dunn about Roberts Stadium and he turned a deaf ear to me. I even wrote an open letter to Mr. Dunn on this blog with my willingness to help him get his baseball fields
1. built at Kleymeyer where it would be a better location with more support
2. built with MLB style vintage fields that would attract more fans
3. built while saving Roberts Stadium at the same time &
4. built with a private company that could possibly save the city millions.

Why Mr. Dunn never took me up on my opportunity I will never know. I am very disappointed that he did not. For this reason, I am VERY excited about the new opportunity we have with a new ECVB. I hope they are willing to listen to my plans.

So far, I have identified a willing investor for Roberts Stadium, an affordable plan, and a plan that I believe I have identified sufficient funding for. Hopefully, the new ECVB, city hall, and the rest of Evansville's leaders will be willing to give Roberts Stadium a chance.

Welcome Aboard New ECVB And Let's Save Roberts Stadium!

No comments:

Post a Comment