Please send all questions and comments to JordanBaer1@gmail.com

Please send all questions and comments to JordanBaer1@gmail.com

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Our First City Council Candidate That Supports Saving Roberts Stadium



Today has been yet another great day both for Evansville and Roberts Stadium. Today, Rick Davis filed for the office of Mayor. I was at the filing and I was not alone. Many people were there today because they feel like Rick is finally the change that will bring great things for Evansville and I couldn't agree more. Rick is 110% behind saving Roberts Stadium (which the only other candidate Lloyd Winnecke is against) and words cannot express how grateful I am to him for that.

I am now thrilled to report that Save Roberts Stadium has now received a full commitment from a City Council candidate to pledge to save Roberts Stadium. His name is Al Lindsey and he is running for the City Council 6th Ward seat. I talked to Al tonight on the phone and I am truly convinced that he is not just a good candidate or a great candidate, but he is the perfect candidate for the 6th Ward (which is my district).

Al will listen to the people on what they would like to see at Roberts Stadium. He, like me, Rick Davis, and all of you, have many,many,many fond memories of Roberts Stadium and rejects the notion that demolition is the best option.

Al liked the plan that I am currently working on for Roberts Stadium and he said he believes my funding plan for Roberts Stadium is a good base to build off of. There is no doubt in my mind that Al will make sure the people are heard and we will save Roberts Stadium.

I cannot express how optimistic I am about the future of both Roberts Stadium and the city of Evansville since Rick and Al have come forward to help move Evansville in the correct direction.

Since I started this blog, I have received nothing but pushback from city hall, the ECVB, and anyone affiliated with these organizations. If city hall were filled with leaders like Rick and Al, those days would be gone and we could accomplish so much more.

2011 is going to be a big year for Evansville and Roberts Stadium. This year will determine what becomes of Roberts Stadium, thus it is important to put the right people in office.

For this reason, Save Roberts Stadium endorses Al Lindsey for the 6th Ward City Council seat!

No comments:

Post a Comment