Please send all questions and comments to JordanBaer1@gmail.com

Please send all questions and comments to JordanBaer1@gmail.com

Monday, April 30, 2012

Mr. Warren, Please Send V*P*S to Kleymeyer Park A*S*A*P



As the town was turning around the Page 13 controversy, we found out, in a very quiet fashion, the direction our ECVB is going to take in regards to the ball fields project.

According to the Courier & Press, VPS Architecture will be conducting a study on this project as well as all projects pertinent to the ECVB attracting tourists...

http://www.courierpress.com/news/2012/apr/25/no-headline---ev_cvb/

I applaud this decision by Mr. Bob Warren of the ECVB and I am personally pulling and rooting for him to get these fields built in their correct location which is none other than Kleymeyer Park. Mr. Warren has already been gracious enough to meet with me once about this project, he's as open and friendly of a person as you could ever want, and I still believe he is the right person to lead the ECVB.

By now, I am hoping that Mr. Warren has had time to evaluate the 15 questions I have posed to him with regards to his ball fields project and its viability in Kleymeyer Park...

http://saverobertsstadium.blogspot.com/2012/02/thank-you-mayor-winnecke-thank-you.html

This decision, like the Roberts Stadium decision, is an easy one to make but it is also a big one to make. Both require crossing many political hurdles that others in this community simply aren't willing to cross. I remain committed to getting both of these projects complete and done right as I feel like both are essential to Evansville remaining a viable city in the 21st century.

I hope that the first place Mr. Warren sends VPS is to Kleymeyer Park. I ask that this architecture firm, which has done some tremendous work over the years, genuinely gives us a good faith effort to give us a full and complete report on how these fields could work on this plot of land.

I hope they reach out to Don Mattingly, the Otters, as well as Bob Walthers. I hope they study the idea of using the methane gas at Kleymeyer to reduce and diminish electrical costs for the ball fields. I also hope that they talk to the Dept. of Metropolitan Development who is seeking to connect Bosse Field and the Ford Center with urban development.

Mr. Warren and VPS Architecture. Let's build these fields at Kleymeyer Park!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment